By Anjali Dua, RD. CDE.
Homemade spiced yellow lentil soup is a perfect choice for fall weather. The weather may be getting cooler, but this recipe will help keep you warm. Lentil soup has many amazing benefits as it’s a good source of protein and fiber. Its low in fat but rich in nutrients like B complex vitamins, calcium, and potassium. It keeps you free from heaviness and flatulence. And it also a good choice of protein for vegetarians.
1Tbsp – oil
1 Medium chopped onion
2 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
11/2 cup red/yellow lentils ⭐
8 cups of chicken/vegetable stock
11/2 tsp cumin powder ⭐⭐
2Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet, add garlic and onions, roast till onions turn translucent.
- Now add red/ yellow lentils and pour chicken/vegetable stock. Simmer for about 20 min.
- Sprinkle cumin powder, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Simmer for 10 min.
- You do not have to blend if you like lentils like this but if you want creamy soup texture than once mixture cools down, blend for 1-2 min.
- Garnish it with black pepper, cumin powder, and coriander leaves.
This recipe is prepared by Anjali Dua, Registered Dietitian, and Certified Diabetes Educator. Anjali is currently taking queries on nutrition and diet-related concerns. You can reach her at email@example.com.
⭐ Bloom Organic Mung Dal Mogar
⭐⭐ Bloom Organic Cumin Powder